Reasons to Join
Here are the reasons why Korean Martial Arts practitioners want to receive a Certificate of Degree (Dan-Jeong) and other documents issued by World Kido Federation/Han Min Jok Hapkido Association, accredited by the government of Korea:
- The Han Min Jok Hapkido Association is recognized by the Korean government as an official governing body for Korean Martial Arts. Han Min Jok Hapkido Association will remain an official authority in the Korean Martial Arts field as long as the Korean Government exists.
- The World Kido Federation/ Han Min Jok Hapkido Association provides leadership to more than thirty-one different styles of Korean Martial Arts.
- The World Kido Federation/ Han Min Jok Hapkido Association have the most advanced and sophisticated technique and skills and will provide continual technical support for all dedicated martial artists.
- The President/Chairman of Han Min Jok Hapkido Association is elected by representatives of nationally recognized masters every four years. This is unlike the other martial arts organizations, which are run by a self-claimed leadership. Our representatives are elected every two years among the masters who have contributed to the furtherance of Korean Martial Arts; are in constant practice; have good public standing; and have supported the Association. In addition, for the advancement and improvement of Korean Martial Arts, we maintain a research board of ten Directors.
- The World Kido Federation/ Han Min Jok Hapkido Association will grow without limit and will constantly provide leadership because unlike other martial arts organizations, we are made up with masters of high competence and qualifications. Furthermore, our organization is headed by one of the most respected Korean Martial Artist, Grandmaster In Sun Seo, who provides superb leadership and guidance.
- The World Kido Federation encourages all martial artists to affiliate with our prestigious organization. It is time to reconnect with your martial arts roots and the mother country-Korea. With such extensive representation, the World Kido Federation is an encompassing umbrella organization for all legitimate Korean Martial Arts and Martial Artists. The World Kido Federation offers its members infinite security, legitimacy and leadership.
Benefits of Registering with WKF
Individual Member Benefits
- Individual membership in the World Kido Federation applies to Black Belts only, who wish to have their rank officially recognized by the Korean Government through the Martial Arts Federation known as Han Min Jok Hapkido Association.
- Members can participate in biannual Korean Martial Arts Demonstration and Championships.
- Members will receive official certificates.
- Members will be given the privileges to visit and practice at any of our member schools in Korea.
- Members will be allowed to use the official Kido logo and name with prior written consent.
- Members will be allowed to attend Black Belt seminar held twice a year in Korea.
- Members can get personalized assistance from our Technical Committee on technical questions.
School Membership Benefits
- When a martial arts school joins the World Kido Federation, that school will receive official recognition by the Korean Government through the Martial Arts Federation know as Han Min Jok Hapkido Association.
- Member schools will be allowed to arrange or host seminars for consultation and technical training.
- Member schools have the privileges of inviting Chairman and/or other Kido officials for tour of their dojang.
- Member schools have the privileges of inviting Kido masters and members from Korea to visit their schools.
- Students of a member school will be allowed to participate in biannual Korean Martial Arts Demonstrations and Championships.
- Students of a member school will be allowed to visit and practice at any of the member dojangs of Korea.
- Upon request, member schools will be matched as a sister school with a Han Min Jok Hapkido Association school for technical, cultural and friendship exchanges.
Types of Certificates Awarded
- Certificate of Dan
- School Letter of Approval
- Letter of Appointment
- Instructor Qualification
- Seminar Completion
- Referee Qualification
How to Join WKF
World Kido Federation membership applications will be accepted only after thorough consideration by the officials of WKF. All decisions made by the Kido officials in reference to membership applications are to be regarded as final.
- The applicant must submit a complete personal martial arts history and background information about all past instructors and training. One must also send in copies of all rank certifications up to the current rank. One must also submit a tape (cd) of demonstration and/or presentation of one’s skill that best highlights the present skill level. (Any additional information or recommendations will be requested by Kido if necessary.).
- After all the material is reviewed by WKF, the applicant will be notified of the decision. If the applicant receives approval from WKF, we will send the necessary applications and information on the fee structure and the applicant will need to return the necessary paper, fee and four photos.
Head instructors who are members of the World Kido Federation many register their schools and receive the benefits of being a Kido registered school. Non-members may not register.
- The Head Instructor must complete a School Membership Application and send it to the WKF.
- The Head Instructor must agree to and sign the World Kido Federation Dojang Pledge.
- The Head Instructors must enclose the registration fee.